Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting wet in Nice

Hellooooo Dennis

I know it's time to do laundry when I'm deciding which running shirt smells less rank.  No problem, I have a clothes line four floors up! 



We walked as a family up the coast and decided it would be a good day for the beach.....boy how things change.  We gathered up our lunch and by the time we got down there it was quite chilly.
There may not be sand but we can still build.  The upside of a rock beach is no sand on your blankets, or in your hair or........yeah, you can see where I'm going with this.
Again, we are feeding the pigeons.  It was fun until someone threw a piece of bread in my lap.  My scream must have kept them from attacking me, whew! 
We hiked up the coast and climbed some stairs to the unknown.  There was a great playground and we could see all around.  There were some big boys kicking a soccer ball around and Raleigh really wanted to play.  He followed them all the way down the path.
In the evening we took the 4 steps out our front door to the pizza joint across the way.  We had eaten there a couple nights ago and knew it was good.  In addition to a couple of pizzas we ordered a calzone.  You can't go wrong with that, right?  Wrong.  A raw egg oozing out of the calzone was more than any of us could handle.  KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ORDERING!

We told the girls we'd get Gelato but then a torrential rain started in.  But of course they wanted to go any way.  We stood under an awning while they jetted across the way.




Raleigh leaned out from beneath the awning to catch some rain drops.  Next the girls asked if we could go to the beach.  "Sure, why not?" We were already soaked.  We will all remember that night for the rest of our lives.  The waves were huge.  The girls stood at the brink of the waves until the foam chased them inland. 
Waiting for the wave and then running as fast as they could towards the beach.
Brrrrrrr!

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the picture of Raleigh trying to catch the rain on his tongue. Precious! Way to be a fun Mom and let your kids get soaked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it NICE getting wet in NICE? Wow! Look at those waves. The tower of rocks is fun. Reminds one of OT times when a pillar of stones was used as a witness or reminder of God's Presence there. (ie. Genesis 31:45-52) God IS there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are all still having a wonderful time!! I'm really enjoying all your photos - especially love little Raleigh, watching him just be himself! Loved the girls in the water - what a memorable time for all of you. I've always loved hanging clothes outside and the smell of fresh air on sheets. That would be interesting, though, leaning out a window several stories up to pin them on the line. I fear many people below would receive unwanted items of mine on a regular basis - although I'm sure I'd get better at it as time went on. I look forward to your next post and continue to support all of you daily in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, bud! I posted a picture of me on your facebook wall so you wouldn't forget what I look like! Mason said to tell the girls hi! Miss you! Love the blogs!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete