Saturday, October 8, 2011

Leaving for Rome

We always have lofty plans of leaving early when we have an adventurous day planned but it never quite works out that way.  I stand in the shower trying to inhale the calmness and contentment that I am forever chasing.  No matter how early I get up I always wish I would have gotten up 90 minutes earlier.
I know I need to sit quietly in His presence. Does standing in the shower count?
I know I need to trust in Him.  With everything?
I know I need to thank Him.  Even for a whining 22 month old that needs constant help in correcting his strong willed behavior?
I know I need to rest in Him.  How can I make more time for this?

I sound fussy I know.  I continue to have the same struggles here as I did back home.  God has taken me thousands of miles away from my comfort zone and I am learning to lean on him every moment instead of every day.  It has been good, I am growing closer to him and that is better than any sight seeing tour I could take.

A verse I have painted on Raleigh's bedroom wall and sing to him every morning is "This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24  I believe this verse applies to me to.  I'm ashamed to admit that I need an attitude check.

Okay, everyone is now dressed, hair is done, tummies are full (for the next 30 min), money is zipped away in pockets, lunches are packed.  Look out Rome, here we come!

Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest,  Matthew 11:28 

Sounds good to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment