Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Papa arrives

Sorry for the long hiatus.  We spent the first part of our week with me being sick and then two of the girls also became sick.  So thankful to be in a nice home when not feeling well.

Papa arrived on the scene just in time to take care of us with his soups!

Ireland surpasses me in height!

We are settled into a beautiful home in a German community on the coast of Spain.....got that?  Crazy, I know.  We expected tapa bars but instead we found a magnificent little German restaurant one block away!  The homeowners are from Germany and live here six months out of the year.  They take excellent care of the grounds and remind me of my own parents in the way they work in the yard together.  All the foilage makes me miss my flowers.  Thank you to my sis and Mary for surprising us with photos of our yard back home.  When we left everything was in bloom, it's hard to imagine it being winter when we come back home in a month. 

The beach is only 100 meters from our home.
The sunsets are beautiful and we can see the sunrise from the terrace of our bedroom which is on the second floor.
sunset

sunset
Our little bungalow in Cambrils, Spain has suited us quite nicely.  I was delighted to find a wonderful kitchen to cook with my old friends: olive oil, garlic and onion.  When we were in and out of hotels for a couple days we decided as a family we would make more of an effort to eat healthy. The next morning the only thing we recognized on the menu was New York pancakes.  We all ordered the same.  Our jaws all dropped as the waiter brought out 5 plates of pancakes covered in chocolate frosting, M&M's, two scoops of ice cream and whipped cream. A few bites into it Indi says, "A sauteed onion sandwich sure sounds good right now." I knew then we were all sugared out and ready to get back to                                                                                 the Rash family normal.                                                                                   

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!!! Looks sooo great there!!

    Rachelle Weers

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Papa could visit! Will is almost there with my height! Course he has a little more of a challenge! Love you Bly

    ReplyDelete