Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Day In Munich

Today we visited Munich which is the third largest city in Germany.  Oh my, this city was insane.  There were so many people walking and biking that you couldn't tell the streets from the sidewalks. If it wasn't for our trusty GPS (Glenda Patty Smith), our goose would have been cooked. 

There were rows and rows of bikes like this every few blocks.  Probably why we haven't seen any obese people in Germany as of yet.

We were trying to get to Glockenspiel, a huge cuckoo clock, by 11 a.m. to see all the different workings pop out and do their thing but we missed it. 








Instead we found our way into a huge cathedral.  The detail in it was breath-taking.  The art work was fabulous.  Notice the tiny people walking in front of the cathedral in picture above.
I wish I could drink up the knowledge that surrounds me.  Instead I stand in front of words I do not understand. I can see from the black and white pictures that perhaps there was a fire or some sort of damage in the church a few hundred years ago and that it was reconstructed in areas.

I found myself wishing that I had studied more church history but I need to be content that I am there experiencing it with the bit of knowledge I do have. 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                            We thought we were starving to death until we saw theses guys.  Sure puts things into perspective.  The guy on the right had rags wrapped around his feet.

Never assume that the bread on the table is free in Germany, oops!  We spent way too much money on way too little food.  We will not make that mistake again.









This little man brightened up my day after being disappointed at the the lunch bill.  He was assumed to be a statue but when someone would walk by he would move and it would startle them.  The girls were mesmerized by him for 45 minutes.






These gals were enjoying some good ol' German beer and each other.
All in all, Munich was interesting but it was so good to get back to our little village.  I am a country girl through and through. We finished up the day with a game of volleyball in the backyard and, of course, another trip to the grocery store.

9 comments:

  1. Hey, bud! I can't begin to tell you how I look forward to reading your daily blogs! Thank you for taking the time to do this! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Rash family....keep it up!!

    Rachelle Weers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoying your blog! Thanks for keeping us updated. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures of the cathedral are absolutely stunning! What a nice mix of photos from an eventful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BLY! I just checked your blog for the 1st time & am almost in tears it looks like so much FUN! I will check more often now & live vicariously through this awesome adventure you guys are having! Enjoy every single second & keep the great posts rollin'! :D Jen Riddle

    ReplyDelete
  6. More , more! Can't wait to read tomorrow!

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  7. The man in the box was really funny! When this one girl walked by he scared her and she started to scream! He better be careful that he doesn't give somebody a heart attack, because he looks like a statue!
    Indi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. It is beautiful inside and outside when you are in the land of churches and castles. Be amazed. (Do you think you'll ever say, "Oh, let's not go there, it's just another castle/church/vista"?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hearing about all of your adventures!! Sounds like you guys are having alot of fun and learning about all the different cultures. Plus you are an excellent writer bly!!

    ReplyDelete