Friday, September 9, 2011

Grocery Shopping

Grocery shopping, no big deal, right?  To start,  the grocery carts had some sort of locking system that we couldn't figure out so we carried baskets.  Cheese was relatively cheap, yay! I read ingredients like they're novels but I couldn't make anything out.  Ireland's response when I told her I couldn't figure out how many grams of sugar were in the cereal was, "Jackpot!"
 We just bought the basics: milk, bread, cheese, yogurt and a couple of frozen pizzas for our first night's cuisine but couldn't find the eggs.
Where are the eggs? We looped around the store three times looking for eggs until I stumbled on them sitting on the shelf!!!  No refrigeration needed.  I ate two this morning and didn't get sick, whew!        
                                                     

1 comment:

  1. Bly - this blog should be published as a book! I'm not sure if it would fall under the category of travel, world history, parenting, education or HUMOR! :) I am so thankful for you sharing this adventure with us. May God continue to bless you all greatly. "Cousin Colbs and family"

    ReplyDelete