Thursday, September 15, 2011

Leaving Germany

Fritz and Pettina's raspberries
Yummy Plummies
This morning I took one last run through the village.  How is it that I feel so attached after just one week?
roads less traveled build character
Before we came to Germany my immature thoughts were of gray colored movies about WWII.  The air is brisk and I feel full of energy. I run quickly down the paved road that swerves between flower boxed homes and endless green rolling hills.  I turn down a less traveled, chunky rocked road and pant to the top for one last look.  My chest feels heavy and my gut aches a bit not knowing when I will be back. I look up to clouds as they crawl across the mountain tops, a cow moos in the near distance and there is a smell of damp hay.  I thank God for the simpleness of it all. His small town Germany is full of a beauty that I struggle to describe.  My eyes have been opened to a world anew and I thank him wholeheartedly for the blessed experience.
A friendly cow lets me pet her soft nose

Miss Kitty greets me at a fork in the road
     
Our front door

Fritz trimming the apple trees


Thank you to the Haferkorns for being such wonderful hosts to us.  The property was  splendid for our family and suited us quite nicely.
Good bye Germany, hello Switzerland.

4 comments:

  1. just got all caught up here...so thankful you choose to take us along with you. God bless you all my friend and we look forward to hearing where you'll land next. :)

    dana and nate

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE what you wrote today.....safe travels!

    Rachelle weers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you met any Husker fans over there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to put into words the peacefulness and beauty of it, isn't it? It's like being in a storybook like Heidi or something! I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful time and am looking forward to "traveling" along with you on your further experiences! God bless you all!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete