Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Random Thoughts

Nothing exciting on Monday.  So I will share some observations of the way of life around Padua.
They are conservative with their electricity and waste disposal much like Germany and Switzerland. 
The showers have mostly been cold.  I don't know if that's because we're in an apartment building or it's just the way it is.  These drying racks are quite popular.  You can use them inside or outside.  It has been low 80's here so our clothes dry fast.



Eighty-Five percent of the bicycles we've seen are at least 20 years old.  I guess when your buildings are 800 years old the word "old" becomes relative. 








Dennis mostly worked on the computer Monday.  He's able to remote into his computer at his office in Beatrice which allows him to to take care of business like any other day.
The girls did school and I researched the next couple of weeks for adventurous activities.  Annie and I took Raleigh to the park that is just around the corner.  There were lots of moms and children there.  I felt like the new kid on the block that everyone was afraid to talk to.  I wonder if they would have talked to me if I spoke Italian?  I will behave in a more welcoming manner to strangers everywhere when I get home. It's so easy to not think much of it when I am in familiar territory going about my day but since being on the other side God has shown me how much better I can do for others especially those who are of another ethnicity.

Hebrews 13:2

New International Version (NIV)
2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Greetings to the Rash family!
    This is Marge Petersen, Shannon's sister-in law.
    I have just read your entire blog, from the planning stages to the present. What an amazing, close knit family you are! I admire the tremendous faith and love you all have. What an exciting journey you are on! You are all seeing and learning SO much first hand. I know there will be some days that are more
    difficult than others, and it is so easy to have doubts, anxieties, fears, etc. It all helps you to remember WHO is truly in control of our lives every moment of every day, right? I will keep your family in my daily prayers, and I look forward to following your adventures
    on this blog. (Thanks, Shannon for telling me about it!!)
    “Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him to help you do it and he will.” (Psalm 37:5)

    ReplyDelete